A History of The Bands, so far . . .
Hot Aire! on the Road
Every other year, since 2000, Hot Aire has gone away on a musical tour, combining concerts with group activities.
All the tours regardless of destination have had certain elements in common:
- Travel by coach and ferry
- Someone always joins on route or at the destination
- Someone always leaves before we get all the way home
- Friendships are formed or strengthened
- Non-playing relatives provide invaluable support and become valued members of the band
- You will never get a photo with everyone on it
Because of interest in the Olympic games held in London, the 2012 tour was postponed until 2013; so our next big tour will be in the summer of 2017.
In the years in between, we have a weekend away, usually during the summer, so we can include anyone who cannot commit in time or financially to a full week's break. Destinations are usually close enough to allow a per day attendance and have included: Scarborough, Carlisle and Ribblehead, Ingleton.
The last three weekend breaks have been to Sneaton Castle near Whitby, where the on-site facilities have allowed us to have workshops and sectional groups. And a walk into Whitby has provided fish & chips and games on the beach.